It is now.
Some people think IT and cybersecurity measures inhibit or reduce the efficiency of their businesses. At one point, that may have been true. That was then. This is now.
Given the proliferation of hackers and the corresponding numbers of cybersecurity attacks, cybersecurity is now a necessity. It’s also a competitive advantage. Here’s why:
First, keeping your systems, your data, and other assets secure makes it easier for others to do business with you, especially those others are sharing access to their own systems, data, and other assets. Second, being certifiably secure makes it easier for you to get cyber liability insurance, which adds another layer of protection to your assets. Third, IT and cybersecurity protection also adds protection to your reputation. The last thing your business needs is publicity about cyber vulnerability, an attack, or the theft of data.
On the Fence
If you’re not sure about your business’s need for cybersecurity, ask yourself these questions:
- What’s your data-exposure risk?
- How much of your data or data about you do your partners possess?
- Is it protected?
- Does communication with your partners put you at risk?
- Is their email access secure?
Evaluating and asking these hard questions creates at least four opportunities for you:
- You can turn cybersecurity into a competitive advantage by protecting all the data for which you’re responsible.
- You’ll engender the trust of your customers with your your ability to deliver on your commitments and to keep their data secure.
- You’ll be able to include a cybersecurity assessment or certification in your bids and proposals.
- You’ll qualify for more favorable cyber liability insurance premiums.
Cyber threats are a matter of when, not if. Even if you haven’t had any breaches yet, your business is under attack. But luck doesn’t last forever. And hope isn’t a strategy.
If you’re ready to secure your business from cyber threats, we’re ready to help.
Don’t leave your business or your customers at risk.